Parametrize Execute Command Activity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abha_sinha
Participant

Parametrize Execute Command Activity

Post by abha_sinha »

Is it possible to use parameter in Execute Command Activity(as command).If yes, can you please specify the format?thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, however all parameters will need to be in the Parameters box in order to be resolved. Can you post an example of what you are attempting?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abha_sinha
Participant

Post by abha_sinha »

I am trying to use "$CommonPath\$CntryCd\Scripts\BULK_in_Pre_validation.bat" in command as path.But, the system is not able to resolve this.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Parameters here mean job parameters, not environment variables. Do these always exist or are they defined at the project level and thus only exist when the job runs?

Regardless, try putting "start" or "cmd" in the Command box and "#$CommonPath#\#$CntryCd#\Scripts\BULK_in_Pre_validation.bat" in the Parameters box and see if that works.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abha_sinha
Participant

Post by abha_sinha »

[Regardless, try putting "start" or "cmd" in the Command box and "#$CommonPath#\#$CntryCd#\Scripts\BULK_in_Pre_validation.bat" in the Parameters box and see if that works.[/quote]

I have tried and this is working fine.Thanks a lot :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then please mark this thread as Resolved
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.