file system

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasubabu
Participant

file system

Post by vasubabu »

Hi,

can i extract the files which are not in the same mechine where datastage is
isnstalled.If yes can you give the solution?
It means files are in some other server but in same network where datastage is not installed..
VASU..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you mounted the other file systems (map network drive)? That should be all you require. Just don't expect the same performance that you would get from files on local disk.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The answer is technically no, but as noted you could mount a remote drive to your file system so that they appear to be local to your DataStage server. Unless the use of FTP counts as 'extract the files', that is.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

chulett wrote:The answer is technically no, but as noted you could mount a remote drive to your file system so that they appear to be local to your DataStage server. Unless the use of FTP counts as 'extract ...
where can i diffine the parameters to connect to another server filesystem.
VASU..
sbass1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sbass1 »

vasubabu wrote:where can i diffine the parameters to connect to another server filesystem.
It's at the operating system level. Type "windows map network drive" and "windows unc path" into Google.
Some people are the Michael Jordan's of Datastage. I'm more like Muggsy Bogues :-)
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

sbass1 wrote:
vasubabu wrote:where can i diffine the parameters to connect to another server filesystem.
It's at the operating system level. Type "windows map network drive" and "windows unc path" into Google.
But how can we define the path of file in another server in the stage
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First it would need to be made accessible to you, as noted, and that means involving a SysAdmin. This more than likely is not something you can manage by yourself, permissions-wise. Especially considering you have no idea what we are talking about. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers