Identify job status

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Identify job status

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

I have a situation, where i need to find if the job has completed (OK or with Warning) or Failed.

That is, I have a main sequence in which I have a first Job Activity (JA1), if JA1 is OK or completed with Warning then it go to JA2 and JA3, If JA1 failes then it should abort. And similarly if JA3 completes with OK or warning it should go to JA2 and JA4. I tried with the sequence as follows, but im not sure if this would be correct:

JA1 ----ok/warning----->JA3-----ok/warning------>JA4------> email notification
| |
|____________>JA2 |___________> JA2
Thanks
Karthick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Doesn't anyone use the darn Preview button? :?

You need to wrap your "ascii art" in

Code: Select all

[/b] tags to prevent all of the "extra" white-space from being sucked out, right now it just looks like it was heading left and hit a brick wall at high speed.

What are you using for your "OK/warning" trigger code? You'll need to get that right or all will be for naught. A "cheat" would be to use a [i]Failure[/i] trigger for one check and [i]Otherwise[/i] trigger for the "OK/warning" link but you need to realize it would cover more than just those two possibilities and as such would be a less than ideal choice.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers