oracle 10g

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasubabu
Participant

oracle 10g

Post by vasubabu »

Hi,

i am working with datastage 8.0.1 on windows.database is oracle 10g.
i am using the oracle enterprise stage.
i am not able to connect to database.
can anybody gide me if there is any parameters or environment variables to be set to connect to oracle 10g.
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's all in the docs that ship with the product, Installation and Configuration Guide and elsewhere. Not able to connect how? What happens?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

chulett wrote:It's all in the docs that ship with the product, Installation and Configuration Guide and elsewhere. Not able to connect how? What happens? ...
when i am trying to view data from oracle enter prise stage getting the error like check the PATH in the environment.
i have read in installation guide it is saying that in dsenv file we need to do some changes.
bt i didnt find the dsenv file in dsengine folder in server.
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You read the UNIX instructions, you need to find the DOS/Windows instructions as there's no "dsenv" file on a Windows server.
-craig

nirdesh2
Participant

Post by nirdesh2 »

You have to set Oracle Database path in Environment variable and also have to set ORACLE_SID,LIBPATH and ORACLE_HOME in user defined variable to work with Database on windows. All these information are available in document under Oracle Enterprise Stage.
Nirdesh Kumar
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

nirdesh2 wrote:You have to set Oracle Database path in Environment variable and also have to set ORACLE_SID,LIBPATH and ORACLE_HOME in user defined variable to work with Database on windows. All these information are available in document under Oracle Enterprise Stage.
i am getting the error like this when i am trying to view data.
>##E IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00205 16:59:15(011) <main_program> PATH search failure:
>##E IIS-DSEE-TFOG-00006 16:59:15(012) <main_program> Error loading "liborchoraclent": Could not load "liborchoraclent": %1 is not a valid Win32 application. .
>##E IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00384 16:59:15(013) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
>##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 16:59:15(014) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.
can you please check this one?
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Better if you check the documentation noted and ensure your server is setup correctly, environment variable wise. All those messages confirm is that it isn't.
-craig

vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

chulett wrote:Better if you check the documentation noted and ensure your server is setup correctly, environment variable wise. All those messages confirm is that it isn't. ...
can you please tell what are the thins i can check.
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nirdesh has already done that for you.
-craig