Job level Auditing in Datastage 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mekrreddy
Participant

Job level Auditing in Datastage 8.1

Post by mekrreddy »

Does any one have idea of auditing the datastage job in the job level for no.of records extracted, transformed, inserted or rejected. I have been using @INROWNUM which is not a workaround.

Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The DataStage API functions remain viable in version 8.1; you can download ETLstats and adapt its techniques.

If you have it and you are generating operational metadata, then you can use Metadata Workbench to perform these analyses.

HOWEVER, to have this work generically, you need a consistent naming convention for those links that read, write, handle rejects, read by key, and other ("transformation?").
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might also consider running DSJobReport 'after job' and processing its output for auditing purposes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

Is there any way to load the job report stats into the audit table at the same time when job runs without adding any processing stages...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The after-job subroutine could look after that. But why write code when you have a perfectly good GUI? Certainly the after-job subroutine can capture the data, but it could also run a small job to write them into your audit table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

well, could you please tell in detail how to do that?, i like to write every small job log too.. Ray, you are the man of datastage

thank you.