How to call a file in external routine C

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

monaz
Participant

How to call a file in external routine C

Post by monaz »

Hi can anyone please guide me how to open and dataastage generated .txt file to open in external C routine.

I am using C routine in Parallel job. I am unable to open the datastage generated .txt file in External C rouitne.

If i remove the .txt file from the C routine and hard code the values instaed of file then i get required output.

But my requirement is that i need to open the .txt file and check for the logic and give the output
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You're asking here for help writing a C program to read a flat file? There are more appropriate places out there for this kind of question, seeing as how this really isn't a DataStage question or problem, but perhaps someone may take pity on you and throw you a bone.

Best to find a forum/resource dedicated to C/C++ or perhaps leverage a local resource. Can a colleague where you work not help? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or read C++ for Dummies or some equivalent introductory book.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.