connection issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasubabu
Participant

connection issue

Post by vasubabu »

Hi,
i have installed both client and server in the same machine on windows.
i have changed the system password.
after that i am not able to login to datastage.

what might be the problem?
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Who knows? You haven't told us what the error is that you get, what "not able to login" means, for instance. For all we know, you may not be remembering the system password correctly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

chulett wrote:Who knows? You haven't told us what the error is that you get, what "not able to login" means, for instance. For all we know, you may not be remembering the system password correctly. ...
No .the password i am giving is the correct one.
one thing i found that IBM websphere service also is not starting.it means if i start the service it is starting but immediatly with in a seconds or if i referesh the services window again it is stopping.
is it the problem?
if so what will be the solution.
VASU..
nirdesh2
Participant

Post by nirdesh2 »

It means you DataStage server is not working properly. If the service is getting stoped after restarting again and again, It means you cant login. I also faced the same problem so many times but still i dont know the solution. Everytime we reinstalled the DataStage server again and it works fine then.
Nirdesh Kumar
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

WebSphere Application Server (WAS) must be running...

There seems to be an administration process to be followed when changing the password used by WAS.

Research it on the IBM site in the Information Center for WAS... I haven't done it myself, but remember seeing the documentation for the procedure out there.

Mike
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Alternatively, change your system password back to the value that it had when you did the installation... if that's possible.

Mike
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

Mike wrote:Alternatively, change your system password back to the value that it had when you did the installation... if that's possible.

Mike
yes.i have changed the password with the old value.bt still getting the same problem.
VASU..
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

vasubabu wrote:
Mike wrote:Alternatively, change your system password back to the value that it had when you did the installation... if that's possible.

Mike
yes.i have changed the password with the old value.bt still getting the same problem.
Try uninstalling the DS and reinstall again.
Thanks
Karthick
pandujoy
Participant

Post by pandujoy »

Try creating a new user in the Local User groups and assign that user to dstage.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

You need to find out why WebSphere Application Server (WAS) is not starting. You can't do anything without it. Check the log files for WAS...

Mike
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

Mike wrote:You need to find out why WebSphere Application Server (WAS) is not starting. You can't do anything without it. Check the log files for WAS...

Mike
i habe checked the log file.it is giving authontication error.password is incorrect.
but gave the correct password.
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Apparently not.
-craig

vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

chulett wrote:Apparently not.
Log file is giving password is not correct.But i am able to login to windows server with same credentials but not to datastage.
VASU..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What does your official support provider have to say about this issue?
-craig

Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

So, apparently the password that is currently valid in Windows is not the password that existed when WAS was installed.... that administrative process for changing a WAS administrator password that I mentioned earlier probably did not happen.

Your official support provider is probably the best resource to get you squared away.

Mike