main_program: Unable to open descriptor file to create: Per

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Hunk003
Participant

main_program: Unable to open descriptor file to create: Per

Post by Hunk003 »

Hi All,

I am facing an fatal error "main_program: Unable to open descriptor file to create: Permission denied" while running a job on Linux Grid.

Job is to create a Lookup FileSet from sequential fileSet.

I have used 2 grid env variable in job, APT_GRID_ENABLE = YES and APT_GRID_COMPUTENODES=1.

Please provide a resolution.

Thanks
Impossible implies "I m possible"....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are more grid environment variables you will need to set. The obvious one is APT_GRID_PARTITIONS (companion of APT_GRID_COMPUTENODES). For the Sequential File stage the pathname should be preceded by a reference to APT_GRID_SEQFILE_HOST or APT_GRID_SEQFILE_HOST2 (since sequential file I/O can not be processed on the conductor node unless that is also a compute node, not IBM recommended practice).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

You also must provide the Resource Manager Queue name in the $APT_GRID_QUEUE.
Hunk003
Participant

Post by Hunk003 »

ray.wurlod wrote:There are more grid environment variables you will need to set. The obvious one is APT_GRID_PARTITIONS (companion of APT_GRID_COMPUTENODES). For the Sequential File stage the pathname should be preceded by a reference to APT_GRID_SEQFILE_HOST or APT_GRID_SEQFILE_HOST2 (since sequential file I/O can not be processed on the conductor node unless that is also a compute node, not IBM recommended practice).
Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot for guidance .... I have added Env var APT_GRID_PARTITIONS =1 and APT_GRID_SEQFILE_HOST in Seq. File stage path.

Still the same error persist :( . Can there be any problem with the permission granted on ID , I am using for creating job.??

Thanks in advance.
Impossible implies "I m possible"....