Conversion Error - Loading from Sequential file to Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Conversion Error - Loading from Sequential file to Oracle

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

I have data in a sequential file, and there are some date fields which are NULL. So i used the APT_IMPEXP_ALLOW_ZERO_LENGTH_FIXED_NULL to handle null while creating the Seq file, but now when im using this to load the table i get the following warning message. Im not sure why i get this message (i believe since i used the new env variable im getting this )

warning message:

Transformer_2,0: Conversion error calling conversion routine timestamp_from_string data may have been lost

can somebody help me.
Thanks
Karthick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Setting this environment variable can, as the information you read (and, indeed, posted) about it tells you, prohibit re-import. That's why my preferred approach is not to use this environment variable but to use Null Field Value property values that match the size of the fixed-width field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

ray.wurlod wrote:Setting this environment variable can, as the information you read (and, indeed, posted) about it tells you, prohibit re-import. That's why my preferred approach is not to use this environment variable but to use Null Field Value property values that match the size of the fixed-width field.

I did that and it works fine now. Thanks...
Thanks
Karthick