InfoSphere Installer space check Bugs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ultramundane
Participant

InfoSphere Installer space check Bugs

Post by Ultramundane »

Trying to install InfoSphere 8.1 on AIX and the installer is complaining:
Error: Space available at /My_work is 124MB where as required disk space is 1924MB.

Error: Space available at /dstage is 21MB where as required disk space is 9126MB.

Well, /dstage was never specified anywhere and in fact, only /dstage/IBM has been specified which has over 22 GB of free space. In addition, /My_work was never specified as such, it was specified as /My_work/Ascential/tmp for istemp and it has over 58 GB of free space. Seems the disk space checker has bugs and tries to check the basedir of the filesystem which has nothing to do with the actual size of the filesystems being installed.

How can I bypass the faulty disk space checker so that I may continue installing the software into my filesystems which have PLENTY of space?

Thanks for your help.
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: InfoSphere Installer space check Bugs

Post by Ultramundane »

Ultramundane wrote:Trying to install InfoSphere 8.1 on AIX and the installer is complaining:
Error: Space available at /My_work is 124MB where as required disk space is 1924MB.

Error: Space available at /dstage is 21MB where as required disk space is 9126MB.

Well, /dstage was never specified anywhere and in fact, only /dstage/IBM has been specified which has over 22 GB of free space. In addition, /My_work was never specified as such, it was specified as /My_work/Ascential/tmp for istemp and it has over 58 GB of free space. Seems the disk space checker has bugs and tries to check the basedir of the filesystem which has nothing to do with the actual size of the filesystems being installed.

How can I bypass the faulty disk space checker so that I may continue installing the software into my filesystems which have PLENTY of space?

Thanks for your help.
IBM released a new release of 8.1 named 8.1 with fixes to the installer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I like it. So when you talk with support you quote version "8.1 with fixes to the installer", or "8.1wftti" for short.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.