Start and End time for a job for "n" days

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bbobpop1
Participant

Start and End time for a job for "n" days

Post by bbobpop1 »

Hi

We are executing a sequence from last 100 days. We need to generate / present a report on the performance of the jobs. ( The performance of job is not good).

We need to present this report for statistical analysis. Is there any function, table / query or procedure or tool, which gives us the details about the peformance / data required for analysis?

We need a report like

Name of the Job / Sequence Start Date End Date Elapsed Time

Thanks
bob
Last edited by bbobpop1 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Monitor in the Director gives you that information for the most recent run, and it can be derived from the job's log for however far back that goes. Outside of that, you will need to capture and store this audit information run over run in order to persist it for long-term analysis.

ETLStats comes to mind, search here for many conversations on this subject.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

In V8.0.1 there is a subroutine called DSJobReport that can provide some job statistics. This is requested at the job properties on the general tab in the After-job subroutine. 3 levels of reporting are available. You specify the directory where the report will be written and every time the job is run it writes out a new report. You can then write a simple DataStage job to consume this data and create an output report or load the info into a database for processing.

I have never worked with V7 so it may or may not have the same function available, but I would image it would be similiar. If not, sorry for the intrusion.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you don't yet have the report, how do you know that "performance is not good"? And what do you mean by "performance" in an ETL context anyway?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Craig is correct. There is a job in EtlStats which can read the records from the log files and post them. You need to get the other jobs working to get this on a everyday basis. The job name is something like EtlGetRowCountsFromLog. I can look it up if you need it. Not sure if it works with version 8. Should but have not tried it.
Mamu Kim