Column Import with Schema File - how to get it to work ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smeliot
Participant

Column Import with Schema File - how to get it to work ?

Post by smeliot »

I have searched here, and found 1 thread that talks about someone using a Schema File to define their output metadata, and it not working, and then in the very last message they posted "it's working now". <sigh>

If anyone has experience using Schema Files with Column Import, I'd love to hear from you.

I have put the schema file name in, but when I get to the mapping tab on the output section, there isn't anything there to map from - which is why I'm thinking that I'm getting the errors - and why I'm thinking I'm missing some step.

The warnings:
ColImp_RcdType1_A1003,1: Short input record
ColImp_RcdType1_A1003,1: Import was unsuccessful at record 0; continuing.

(I've seen Short Input Record warnings before when I've explicitly defined the fields - and made a mistake in my definition. However, the reason I want to use the Schema Files is so that I DON'T make a mistake - some of my records are very large ...)

The error:
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV

Thanks very much.
Novak
Participant

Re: Column Import with Schema File - how to get it to work ?

Post by Novak »

I know this post is quite old, but I just thought of adding something that might help somebody having the similar issue in future.

I had this same problem with the Column Import yesterday. After going nuts trying to determine what causes it, I simply deleted the stage together with the following data set stage, recreated them and the job ran fine.
Column Import stage is quite unforgiving if you change too many things all at once.

Regards,
Novak