Job Not progressing with Shared Containers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shershahkhan
Participant

Job Not progressing with Shared Containers

Post by shershahkhan »

I am trying to run a job but do not process any rows if shared container is present but if i remove the container its starts working, the container is working fine in other jobs.
Details of the job

Code: Select all

Dataset
             |
File -> Lookup - > sortstage - > dataset
              |(reject link)
            Transformer - > (shared conatiner)
When i check the moniter of the job its shows the stages of the container at the top. if remove the container on the reject link its starts working. I didn't face this type of problem before, let me know if anyone of you knows the resolution
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do we have to guess what's in the container? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

The container structure is, the moniter show the external source and lookup stage as the first one. This container is working fine in other jobs

Code: Select all

(external source)
                                                 |
inputdata -> surrogateKey - > Transformer  -> lookup -> File
                                                  |
                                              Modify stage -> (external source stage)

mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mail2hfz »

Did you check if the rejected data is compatible with shared container input? As you said you had no issues with the container, the primary thing to check is the input data to the container. For testing purpose you can create a test job from the container and use the rejected file as as input and see if that works.