Datastage Manager - Selecting & Moving multiple jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dscon9128
Participant

Datastage Manager - Selecting & Moving multiple jobs

Post by dscon9128 »

Hi All,

I am tryin to select and move multiple jobs at once between folders via Manager. But when I highlight the jobs, and I try to drag and drop the selection, it DOES not let me do so. I know there is an option to do it, but i cant seem to figure why its not working the way it should. Also, when I highlight a selection and click on right click, i know there should be a "move to " option on the dropdown. Even that is not showing up in the drop down list of actions I could take. Is this a settings issue on Manager? Do i need to do some special customization?

Pleas advise, any help would be appreciated!!
bollinenik
Participant

Post by bollinenik »

I think that option will not work for multiple selection, It will work for single job/folder selection, try in that way I don't think there is any way to move multiple jobs at single shot.
mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mail2hfz »

Recently I did a mass move of the jobs between the folders through manager(select multiple jobs-->right click-->move to). I did not face any issues and I did not change any settings to do this.
dscon9128
Participant

Post by dscon9128 »

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I know that option to select multiple jobs exists. Just as you pointed out, we can select the jobs , right click and the drop down gives you a "move to" option which lets you choose the target folder intended for your move. But the thing is , the drop down to select the "move to" option is NOT popping up. Hence, I was wondering if its a setting's issue!