Operator of type "APT_TSortOperator": will partiti

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarb.suneel
Participant

Operator of type "APT_TSortOperator": will partiti

Post by kumarb.suneel »

Hi all,
In my job,reading data from a dataset, using an aggregator to get min 'account_no', doing some lookup to derive a value and joined this value to the main dataset data and out puts to a dataset .

in this job to improve the performance i used hash partition in the join to perform stable sort.

iam getting the following warnings :?:

In join stage: "When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_TSortOperator": will partition despite the
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0
."

In aggrigator stage: "When binding output interface field "MIN_ACCOUNT_NO" to field "MIN_ACCOUNT_NO": Implicit conversion from source type "dfloat" to result type "decimal[20,0]": Possible range/precision limitation."

Note: in aggrigator the field "MIN_ACCOUNT_NO" id derived field base on "ACCOUNT_NO" field.

Can anybody please help me avoid the above warnings.

Thanks in anticipation.
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Search on "will partition despite the preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port" for the first warning. As for the second warning you can use the property in the Aggregator stage called "Default to Decimal output". And change the precision to match the output field.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond