reusable job that can take 2 files and comp based on keys

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kailas
Participant

reusable job that can take 2 files and comp based on keys

Post by kailas »

Hi ,

Is it possible to develop a reusable/configurable job that can take 2 files and compare based on supplied keys. It should be generic and allow configuration supplied at run time what is source and destination and what are the fields to compare .
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

YES.
you need to elaborate and be specific on your requirement.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Supplied keys"? Supplied how (in a generic design)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kailas
Participant

Post by kailas »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]"Supplied keys"? Supplied how (in a generic design)? ...[/quote]

I mean the comparision between two files will be based on key fields and these keyfields (fields to be compared )are to be supplied at run time.

Let me know if it is still not clear .

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you intend to supply key fields then suddenly things are no longer "dynamic" or "generic" in terms of metadata. Had you given any thought as to how you will be "supplying" keys? Metadata can not be affected by job parameters, at least not directly.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kailas
Participant

Post by kailas »

Ray,

Just give me an idea how to develop the reusable job to compare two files based on key values. The fields to be compared should be generic.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ok. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

You can not have your cake and eat it too. If you have to "specify" keys then it is not "generic".