Different ways to recover scd type 2 data load failure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

Different ways to recover scd type 2 data load failure

Post by hitmanthesilentassasin »

Hi ,

We have implemented scd type 2 functionality using datastage px jobs. However, We would like to automate the recovery of the data when job fails in between the load. Could you please suggest me the different possible methods? and we should be ok even if we have to go beyond ds like using a shell script or routine to do so.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to explain what you mean by 'the recovery of the data' here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

I meant reverting the table to the state that it was before the job load started.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

That would have required you to build an ETL framework that captures inserts and updates and the before images of the rows updated. You would delete your inserts and update your updates with the before-image. Otherwise, you're in to using database table recovery procedures such as logging to rollback a table post-load.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

I am more looking into multiple options from which we can decide from what suits best for our needs. Probably a some web link reference will also give me a starting point as I am not able to find the right web site which describes recovery options