Password Encryption Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Password Encryption Issue

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi
DS: 7.5
DB: Oracle 10g

Im running a sequence with three job activities, the 1st one is a job that creates a date (dd-mon-yyyy) and write it to a sequential file, the secont is a routine (2nd) that reads this date and passes this date to the next job (3rd) activity. the 3rd job reads data from a table based on this date. the issue im facing is, if i hardcode the password then the sequence works but when i parameterise it, it gives me the following error:

--->
Incorrect dboption list; it failed on Expected "," or "}", got: ":", line 1.

---->
main_program: Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.

my password dosent have any special characte, jus character and number, also i tried using the following environment variable:
$DS_ENABLE_RESERVED_CHAR_CONVERT = True
still no go... (both in sequence level and in job level).

Please advice me how to proceed.
Thanks
Karthick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm assuming that the problem only materializes when run from the Sequence, yes? Meaning, if you run the job standalone, it can make use of the parametrized password value without an error. Correct?

If that's the case, then it sounds like you have a problem with how you defined the value to be passed in the Job Activity stage. Rather than (assuming) you hand-typing things in, try using the Parameter Helper widget to pick the value for that field. See if that helps.

If this doesn't help, you'd need to provide more details as to the nature of the problem - stages used, exactly what you are passing where, etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers