Error at login - Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper object

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAI ROUSES
Participant

Error at login - Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper object

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Hello,
I done a new installation of DataStage Client 8.0.1 on a new workstation, that had a previous version of DataStage.
I done the uninstall of the version 7.5 and installed the DataStage 8.0.1 client. The installation was completed with success.

When I try to use the client tools of DataStage it gives the following error message :
"DataStage Repository Error: Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper objects"

I give the OK in the error message, add the server name and its DataStage user and password, but can not connect to DataStage, returning the following
error message:
"Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain"

Any idea of what is missing in the installation of DataStage Client? Will missed some configuration?

thanks in advance
Rai

8) 8) 8) 8)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The installation is probably OK. ASB in this case is "Application Server Backbone", the layer provided by the WebSphere Application Server to deliver the services used by products such as DataStage to communicate with Information Server.

I'd begin by verifying that the WebSphere Application Server is running and, if your DataStage server is on a different machine from it, also checking that the ASB agent is running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

This is often caused by a failure to load the JVM on the client due to insufficient memory.

If you look in C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\conf there should be a file "proxy.xml". It should have a line that reads something like:

Code: Select all

<add key="MaximumHeapSize" value="384" />
You may see a different number (probably 1024 for DS 8.0.1).
You could try making the number smaller and trying again....
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Hi LenGreenwood,
tks for your help.

I had changed the value of the MaximumHeapSize to 384, but it still do the same error.

It's a little confusion because we have same DS clients working normaly, and now we have one new installation that dosen't work.s

Any ideas what coud be the problem

thanks in advance
8) Rai 8)
tjr
Participant

Post by tjr »

May be there is something wrong with the SSL Layer. You can stop SSL from being used during logon by editing the file sas.client.props on the client. In 8.1 it is in C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.websphere.was_client_configuration_6.0.0.0.

Set the following two params two false, like this:

# Does this client support/require SSL connections?
com.ibm.CSI.performTransportAssocSSLTLSRequired=false
com.ibm.CSI.performTransportAssocSSLTLSSupported=false

Regards,
timm
jtoledo
Participant

Re: Error at login - Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper ob

Post by jtoledo »

Rai,

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you resolve it? How?

Thank you
shiva_eee4u
Participant

Post by shiva_eee4u »

I am having exactly the same problem. How you solved it. Please help me to solve the problem.

Thank you
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

jtoledo and/or shiva_eee4u,

How did you solve this problem?