Need a help on Change Capture stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sagar deshmukh
Participant

Need a help on Change Capture stage

Post by sagar deshmukh »

Hi I have a before dataset with (1,2,3) records in it.
and After Dataset with (1,3) records in it.( 1 , 2, 3 --these are change key values)
Change mode - is Explicit key , all values.

In case of which record out of 1 , 2,3 the delete code will be generated....?

and if the target is the a oracle table from which the before Datset is created will it delete the before detaset record? if delete query is used?
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

as in the mapping we will be taking columns from After Dataset only..so will we get value for 2 with a delete code?
what will be the value of other fields...in this case...
1 , 2 , 3 these are just change keys which i mensioned there will be other columns too
BugFree
Participant

Post by BugFree »

sagar,

You will get the delete rows and its corresponding delete code. Of course this depends upon the property value for "Drop output for delete".
The other field value is simillar to as it is in the Before link. Reason is, the delete record obviously will not be present in the After dataset.

Here in this case the number of fields in After dataset and the Before dataset should be same and it should have the same metadata too.

Now if you want only to delete these records from your target Oracle table, then put a constraint to pass only the records having the Delete code Or
only get the Delete code records from Change Capture stage.
Then use your delete query in the target stage.

Is this answers your question :?:
Ping me if I am wrong...
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

Thanks this is what i wanted.