DSN not appearning in manager to import table def

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

DSN not appearning in manager to import table def

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
I have added the entries for the New DSN that i am going to use in the path $DSHOME/.odbc.ini and i have added an entry in the file $DSHOME/uvodbc.config. After adding all these the DSN name is not appearing in the DSN list while i try to import the table definition in the manager.

Should i carry on some additional tasks.
Regards
Ragu
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I remember this behavior from some years back. It is very picky about syntax/formatting in order to appear in the drop down list... I have no recollection of what it was picky about though. Even when it doesn't appear in the drop down, you can type in the name and it will work.

Mike
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
The drop down is a pick list and its not allowing me to enter the DSN in the import wizard.
Regards
Ragu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The uvodbc.config changes need to be made in the project.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The drop-down list is populated from DSNs from which table definitions have been imported and for which, as a result, an entry appears in the uvodbc.config file in the project.

You can also manually edit the uvodbc.config file in the project to include the DSN.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.