Webservices

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Webservices

Post by samsuf2002 »

I am new to web services and have searched the forum for the solution but couldn't find anything helpful.

We have a website published by asp.net on Windows machine and we need to bring it down before we start our batch cycle and then bring it up once batch cycle is completed. And data stage is on Unix machine. Is there anyway in data stage to do this ?

Is there any way to use web service pack in data stage to make this happen ?

Thanks in advance.
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What's the process to bring the website "down"? Do you have access to any kind of Enterprise Scheduler?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Normally we just go to the Windows IIS server and bring it down/up the site manually. We also have asp.net webservices by which we can do the same.

But now we want to automate it, may be using datastage (web services).
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

samsuf2002 wrote:We also have asp.net webservices by which we can do the same.
Meaning what? There is a webservice call available to bring it down? If yes, then I don't see why you couldn't do that in a job. Have you tried to yet?
-craig

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Yes Craig we have a web service call to do that, but I have never used web service package in data stage so I don't know how to call it from data stage job.

I will try it and let you know.
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First step is to import the metadata from the existing service so you can load all that into the stage.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

..not trying to promote my blog, but this is one case where it might be worth a visit. I have some notes there on the basics of using the Web Services Stages that might help....

http://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2007/11 ... g-started/

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Didn't know that was there... bookmarked now for future promotion. :wink:
-craig

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

I have imported the metadata but i am not sure sure what stage to use and what will be the next step.
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you read Ernie's blog entry?
-craig

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

I read the blog and was able to design the job with webservice transformer followed by regular transformer then a peek stage. I did everything suggested in the blog but when I run the job I get this warning

Code: Select all

warning Web_Services_Transformer_1,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = /appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/wsclient.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/axis.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/commons-logging.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/saaj.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/wsdl4j.jar
ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory /appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/sovvm, name jvm
 0509-022 Cannot load module /appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/sovvm/libjvm.a.
 0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

fatal
Web_Services_Transformer_1,0: Resource bundle corresponding to message key DSTAGE-TODC-00017 not found! Check that DSHOME or APT_RESPATH is set.

The blog suggested to set up environment variables DATASTAGE_JRE and DATASTAGE_JVM, but I cant find these variables in administrator.

Don't know where I am getting wrong :?:
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

'Set' in that case would mean create them in the Administrator. Not sure what their value should be, however.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

there are other threads in here that talk about the settings..depends on your platform... call your support provider...this was an 8.0 problems and it was corrected for most platforms for 8.1, and/or the settings for 8.0 should be available from them....the settings are slightly different on each OS.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
xjonny
Participant

Post by xjonny »

samsuf2002 wrote:I read the blog and was able to design the job with webservice transformer followed by regular transformer then a peek stage. I did everything suggested in the blog but when I run the job I get this warning

warning Web_Services_Transformer_1,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = /appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/wsclient.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/axis.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/commons-logging.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/saaj.jar
/appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/wsdl4j.jar
ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory /appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/sovvm, name jvm
 0509-022 Cannot load module /appl/datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/sovvm/libjvm.a.
 0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

fatal
Web_Services_Transformer_1,0: Resource bundle corresponding to message key DSTAGE-TODC-00017 not found! Check that DSHOME or APT_RESPATH is set.

The blog suggested to set up environment variables DATASTAGE_JRE and DATASTAGE_JVM, but I cant find these variables in administrator.

Don't know where I am getting wrong :?:
Sorry... but might help. I've used dsenv file and included all the necessary stuff there. You can find all necessary instructions in WebService install guide...

Stuff like that:

export DATASTAGE_JRE=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre
export DATASTAGE_JVM=/bin/j9vm
set +u
Reboot the server or do (sorry not sure abt. paths):

PATH/uv -admin -stop
bash PATH2/dsenv
PATH/uv -admin -start
I hope, your web-services use RPC SOAP. Otherwise it will be difficult to use DS...
IT happens...
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Edit your dsenv file and put $ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin and $ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin/classic in the LD_LIBRAY_PATH and put $ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin in the PATH. This way you fix both web service problem and also the Java stages for parallel jobs.