Resource Temporarily Unavailable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

coehcl
Charter Member
Charter Member

Resource Temporarily Unavailable

Post by coehcl »

Hi,

I am trying to run five jobs parallely in a job sequence..but i am getting the error like "Resource temporarily unavailable".But when i am running all these jobs sequnetially, then there is no problem. All jobs are running fine.But i am not able to acheive parallelism.I also heard that , admin people need to increase the resources for the particular userid which is used to run the jobs.If that is the case, where should we increase the resources.

For Details please refer below
node_node1: Fatal Error: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE process on node node1 (tfukmhfirp1): APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Resource temporarily unavailable
node_node4: Fatal Error: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE process on node node4 (tfukmhfirp1): APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Resource temporarily unavailable
main_program: The Section Leader on node node1 has terminated unexpectedly.
The Section Leader on node node4 has terminated unexpectedly.
node_node3: Fatal Error: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE process on node node3 (tfukmhfirp1): APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Resource temporarily unavailable
main_program: The Section Leader on node node3 has terminated unexpectedly.

Any help will be most appreciated

Regards
Kishore
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

These are all because of resource allocation to the jobs for monitoring the data.

We have environmental variables called APT_MONITOR_SIZE and APT_MONITOR_TIME. These variables will lead the monitoring functionality in Data Stage.

overridden the default setting with values, set APT_MONITOR_SIZE as 100000 and APT_MONITOR_TIME as 25. Try out this, If it is not working

The only other alternative here, is to turn monitoring off, by using APT_NO_JOBMON=TRUE

Just try out the above two in the mentioned order and let me know your results on the same.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
Neelima_B
Participant

Post by Neelima_B »

Thanks for your suggestion.

The first option i.e., setting the values for $APT_MONITOR_SIZE and APT_MONITOR_TIME was not working.

The second option was working.

But if I need the job monitor details also then what could be the solution. I need to capture the counts on the links. It is not possible to capture the counts if we are setting the $APT_NO_JOBMON = TRUE.

Please let me know the solution to this ASAP.
Scope
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Scope »

Inform your Unix Administrator to increase the Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user Value
Kumarez