Is Performance is based on Logic or volume of data?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

consulting
Participant

Post by consulting »

In My project I wrote logic for Five different Region in Uat I have one lakh record for all the five region I takes fourty minutes to run the sequence(containing 30 jobs).

Now in Production I have only one Region data and the volume is two lakhs, but it takes two hours to complete the sequence(30 jobs)

My doubt is it should take less time to run because i have only one Region data

Or

The logic I applied for five region It checks for all the five region (in this case it dosent have value for the remaining four region),
so if i get the data for the remaining four region it will be completed in the same two hours
balaji
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Since there's 30 jobs the question is complex. You may have a point of serialization that is more affected by the row count differences. You could also have logic branches based on region that have more/less overhead and thus performance may vary.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not only logic and volume, but also hardware, resources and competing demand.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.