Lookup error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lak4u
Participant

Lookup error

Post by lak4u »

When I lookup with the table(sql server) I am getting following error... anybody can help?

Could not map table file "D:/DataStageFilesystem/Datasets/lookuptable.20090103.q2tvyqd (size 7995709648 bytes)": Invalid argument
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

That's a big lookup file it's trying to create! Have you tried it with a join stage instead? You can do an order by on the SQL Server select and tell the job the data is already sorted to prevent DataStage from sorting it again for a join.
ratikmishra1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ratikmishra1 »

Did you get this resolved. I am getting the same error. My look up size is really small. So, it should fit in. Just wondering if you managed to get this working.

Note. I am getting this error only 8.1 not in 7.5.x. Same job runs fine.

Thanks
Rati
siauchun84
Participant

Post by siauchun84 »

ratikmishra1 wrote:Did you get this resolved. I am getting the same error. My look up size is really small. So, it should fit in. Just wondering if you managed to get this working.

Note. I am getting this error only 8.1 not in 7.5.x. Same job runs fine.

Thanks
Rati
How big your lookup file? If not mistake, it will hit this problem when reach around 500MB.