Project not showing up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratikmishra1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Project not showing up

Post by ratikmishra1 »

I created projects successfully using the administrator UI. But, only the project that was created during isntallation is showing up in the admin window.

When I use dsjob -lprojects from UNIX I see all the projects created, but the GUI (client admin piece) does not list the projects.

Am I missing any steps? Appreciate your help.

thanks
Rati
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The most common cause we have seen for this error is when a REINDEX is done while the project still has users logged into it. Have you done this? If so, just ensure that no users are logged in and REINDEX.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm, sounds like a possible disconnect between the XMETA repository and the "Universe" one. Seems to me that might manifest itself as dsjob -lprojects working but the GUI not showing them. Not that I have any clue how to fix that, just saying...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ratikmishra1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ratikmishra1 »

Thank you guys for suggestions. I found out that I'd not restarted the dsengine after changes to dsenv. I recycled the ds engine and then recreated the projects. Now it is working, I am able to see them in the DS administrator window.

Thanks
Rati