problem executing dsjob -run -jobstatus

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneyes
Participant

problem executing dsjob -run -jobstatus

Post by suneyes »

Hi all,
while trying to run the following command

dsjob -file /opt/Ascential/Data/ds_passwords.txt host1 -run -jobstatus project1 job1.servidejob1

I am facing the following error

Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT
Return code 65280

I created this job recently in a development project and imported it to another project(test).
I am able to run this job using the command

dsjob -run.

But as per compliance, we need to run jobstatus before we actually run the job.

can some one sugest me to get rid off this error
sun
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's -jobinfo that you need to run before -run, not -jobstatus. The -jobstatus option is a sub-option of -run.

Search DSXchange for error code -14, and then reduce the total load on your server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneyes
Participant

proble resolved

Post by suneyes »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's -jobinfo that you need to run before -run, not -jobstatus. The -jobstatus option is a sub-option of -run.

Search DSXchange for error code -14, and then reduce the total load on your server. ...
Thanks Ray,

I found that job is giving a timed out error because my job was not checked to run in multiple instance.when I checked that box.I am able to run the jobs.

Your reply helped me in finding out a variable in my script which is initialised to null.actually that needs to be initialised with all the parmeters that needs to be passed to the job and this variable will be used in betwee dsjob -run and -jobstatus
sun