my user routine not in project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

efxuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

my user routine not in project

Post by efxuser »

i created a transform routine using dssetuserstatus.The routine works fine in other projects.I can see the routines listed in the but in one particular project when i try to use it in a stage variable ,none of the routines are getting listed when i rt click edit derivation ->...->DsRoutine.Is there are any setting I should do to enable routines at a project level?
EFX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You probably need to set up the routine definition in that particular project. Only defined routines appear on the drop-down list.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
efxuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by efxuser »

can you please ealborate on "need to set up the routine definition in that particular project" .I searched the forum and documentation but could not find anything to guide me.
EFX
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Server routine? Parallel transformer? You won't see server routines in a parallel transformer.

Mike
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Try to import that routine first to your project and then check
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I assumed parallel routine.

Parallel routines are created outside of DataStage. However once they have been complied, linked and tested, another step is required. You must create a "parallel routine" entry in the repository. This shows the name of the routine, its location and the arguments it requires.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I assumed parallel routine.

Parallel routines are created outside of DataStage. However once they have been complied, linked and tested, another step is required. You must create a "parallel routine" entry in the repository. This shows the name of the routine, its location and the arguments it requires.
efxuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by efxuser »

Yes, it is a server routine.I wrote a server job to call this routine.Thanks for all your help.
EFX