Main sequence getting aborted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Main sequence getting aborted

Post by samsuf2002 »

Hi All,

I am having a strange issue with my main sequence which was running fine before suddenly started aborting at different points whenever restarted. At some point I get error/warnings like

Code: Select all

SEQ_dev_tables..JobControl (@Account_Detail): Job SEQ_Accnt_summary.Account_Detail did not finish OK, status = 'Not running'

SEQ_dev_tables..JobControl (fatal error from @Coordinator): Sequence job (restartable) will abort due to previous unrecoverable errors
If I restart the sequence again it will run the above job which was not running but will abort at some other position.

Can suggestion is appreciated ?
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Main sequence getting aborted

Post by ray.wurlod »

samsuf2002 wrote:I am having a strange issue with my main sequence which was running fine before suddenly started ...
What has changed?

Try re-compiling the jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Nothing has changed. We were just trying reset the sequences and run again whenever it aborts.

As you suggested Ray we should try recompiling everything again and run.
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Main sequence getting aborted

Post by chulett »

samsuf2002 wrote:If I restart the sequence again it will run the above job which was not running but will abort at some other position.
With that same odd 'not running' error? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Yes with same error but for different job.
hi sam here
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Weird. I'm not really sure what that error would signify in that situation. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Its really strange but anyhow I need to implement the suggestion made by Ray to re-compile and run again. I will do that on monday and will let you guys know the result.

Thanks for your time and suggestions.
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Not running" can mean "not compiled".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Ray, when the job was started next time it was in "Finished (see log)" state therefore I believe it doesn't need to compile.

Although when we compiled the main sequence it ran fine but it happened again for next run. I was searching online and found that it might be because the Auto purging in ON and we did have that ON. Now we will try running it by making Auto purge OFF.

But if anyone can suggest if that is because of Auto purge and what might cause the problem.

The Solution we found is just to restart or compile and restart the sequence until if run fine but that's a temporary fix :?
hi sam here
bart12872
Participant

Post by bart12872 »

You are using instances for your jobs. perhaps there is a problem in your instanciation.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Yes I am using Multiple instances of a job in the sequence. But what could be the issue with that ?
hi sam here
bart12872
Participant

Post by bart12872 »

well, if your job SEQ_Accnt_summary is a JobControl, perhaps there is a problem in your code.

Anyway, If it says 'NOT RUNNING', i see two possibilities :

- you are trying to execute a job witch is is not defined as 'Allow Multiple instance'
- you are trying to execute a job witch doesn't exist.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

bart128792,

I checked the job is defined as "Allow Multiple instance" and it does exist since it is running when we try restarting it couple of times.

Its not that the same job aborting every time, its different jobs or some time same job with different invocation id (instance).
hi sam here
girija
Participant

Post by girija »

As you mentioned, your Job status as "Finished (see log)" , means you have some warning in your job. Sequence might be aborted because of that, since the previous job not finished "OK". Please check this too.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

girija wrote:As you mentioned, your Job status as "Finished (see log)" , means you have some warning in your job. Sequence might be aborted because of that, since the previous job not finished "OK". Please check this too.
Those warning are just implicit conversion warnings.
hi sam here