Stages Locked & client hang

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Stages Locked & client hang

Post by BillB »

Hi,

After rebooting my system, I am able to log in datastage & open the job but not able to open the stages like Oracle EE & copy stages etc in the job and subsequently client is hanging.
But when logged on with same user id in another PC,I am able to do all the operation normally.

Prior to rebooting the system, everything was fine.

Wondering what happened suddenly...
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

even uninstalling & re- installing the client has not fixed this problem...however from another pc, I can work normally after logging into datastage....
Also uninstalled the latest version of IE 8,just to make sure no sort of pop blocker is there.

any thought?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you do a full uninstall? That means cleaning up the registry and install disk to remove *any* traces of the old client before installing again. That and rebooting.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

chulett wrote:Did you do a full uninstall? That means cleaning up the registry and install disk to remove *any* traces of the old client before installing again. That and rebooting.
thanks for the response
No just did usual client install & Uninstallation,How can we do cleaning up the registry and install disk?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you've never been into the Windows Registry, you probably should get help from someone who has. You use 'regedit' to clean the registry by searching for and deleting anything for 'Ascential'... assuming no other Ascential tool is still installed after the DataStage client has been uninstalled. And for the disk, that's just a matter of deleting whatever remains of the installation directory through normal means.

And then reboot after 'cleaning' but before reinstalling.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let me reiterate Craig's advice - if you've never edited the Registry get help. You can totally destroy Windows if you don't know what you're doing (and even if you do!).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.