Runtime Error in 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

Runtime Error in 8.1

Post by devanars »

Getting connect broken error when kick of the dsjob. job was compiled successfully. when the dsjob run getting immediatly connection broken error. can anyone experience this problem before in 8.1.

Error was like this....Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project DEV
(The connection is broken (81002))

Thanks
bollinenik
Participant

Re: Runtime Error in 8.1

Post by bollinenik »

Are you working remote system, If yes then that might be the reason DS server is not able to establish connection with other source or TGT systems., try with one simple job like seq file to seq file keeping in the same DS server box, then you can identify the actual probelm.

If the above case works fine, then try pinging from DS server box with other SRC/TGT systems, This way you can debug easily.
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

We had this same issue after the 8.1 upgrade and our IBM consultant said it was caused by improper startup and shutdown. Here is the correct sequence that resolved our issue:

1) Startup DB2
2) Startup Metadata Server
cd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin/MetadataServer.sh run
3) Startup NodeAgent
cd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/bin/NodeAgents.sh start
4) Startup DataStage
cd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine
dsenv
bin/uv -admin -start

Also, when stopping Metadata Server, use:
cd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin/MetadataServer.sh stop
jim20879
Participant

Repeated disconnects

Post by jim20879 »

Sorry, no solution that I know of.

I have experienced this problem in Datstage 8.0.1 and 8.1 running on a linux server.

Intermittently, when kicking off a run of a ds job, the connection is broken (81002), and this message will be repeated ad nauseum as I close the designer and director clients. The job executes successfully on the server. It is possible to save work in designer as the client closes - indicating the connection is not really gone.

We have set the project to not time out in the administrator client, but this has had no effect.
I recommend opening a trouble ticket with IBM to bring attention to this bug.