Date field is populated with Junk value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Puli
Participant

Date field is populated with Junk value

Post by Puli »

Hi ,
I have a look up stage in which i perform look up based on a key filed and retrieve a date field. But when i dont have a match, the retrieved date field is expeted to be NULL. But in my case , a junk value is coming in this date field '0001-0-01'. The date field which is coming from the look up is made Nullable, but still same problem exists.

Please give your thoughts.

Regards
Puli
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

Make sure you have set the nullability to Yes in all the stages after the lookup stage.

--Rich
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

I have done the same and still it is giving same error
v2kmadhav
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by v2kmadhav »

Puli

Are you saying datastage is defaulting the null to that 0001-0-01?

Is that how it exists in your lookup source?? if its consistently giving you a value like 0001-0-01 can you not use a transformer to convert that into a default value which is more acceptable?

cheers
VM
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

I am getting the junk value 0001-01-01 as date value when there is no match in look up.SO anyway it is not cominf from the look up table. But we cannot tell that in all such cases i will be getting 0001-01-01 as the default value when no look up match.
v2kmadhav
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by v2kmadhav »

what is your lookup? table, dataset, file??

Did you double check if those failures are valid. ( the key doesnt find a match)

So you are saying whenever a lookup fails instead of a null it brings a value like 0001-01-01?
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

in fact what exactly the look up doing is , comparing the source data with the target table. So in a case where no records are present in the target table, then i got this type of error.
v2kmadhav
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by v2kmadhav »

does your log look clean?? do any of your warning suggest something is wrong?

i would imagine that you might have already double checked your datatypes and nullable properties..

i tried replicating that and looks alright to me... all i see is nulls.