Getting Stage and Link Names in a Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikir
Participant

Getting Stage and Link Names in a Job

Post by saikir »

Hi All,

Is there anyway to get the Stage Names and the corresponding link names within a job. I know that using DSGetJobInfo you can get the stage names and using DSGetStageInfo the link names. But given a job name as parameter i want the stage names along with their link names.

Regards,
Sai
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

Using Dsjob is similar to using DSGetJobInfo, DSGetStageInfo. They will give me the individual stage names or link names. I want to get Stage names and the corresponding link names.

Regards,
Sai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Take the list of job / stage names and then query for the link names, either using 'dsjob -llinks' or DSGetStageInfo() can return a 'link list'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You attach to the job, execute DSGetJobInfo() to get a list of the stage names then iterate through this list executing DSGetStageInfo() to get a list of the link names associated with each stage. Then you detach the job.

I'm sure there are examples of the required code extant in DSXchange awaiting only your Search.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.