Output stage for Change Capture stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shalini11
Participant

Output stage for Change Capture stage

Post by shalini11 »

Hi All,

Please let me know if Sequential File stage or Oracle Enterprise stage can be used as output stage for Change Capture stage or is it that only Dataset stage can be used to capture output records.

I tried using Sequential File for capturing output records from Change Capture. The job got finished successfully but 0 byte output file was generated.Can there be any mistake from my side or is it like no other stage can be used other than Dataset?

Any suggestion from your side would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in adv
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any stage can be on the other end of the output link from a Change Capture stage.

Zero rows might be output in some circumstances, in particular where the two inputs to the Change Capture stage are identical, at least in those columns for which change is being detected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Shruthi
Participant

Re: Output stage for Change Capture stage

Post by Shruthi »

Hi Shalini,

Sequential file stage can also be used as output of change capture.
We havent tried Oracle Enterprise stage.

Just check the properties of Change capture stage.
If you have given Drop for Copy as True. And if all the records match, we will not have anything in output
Shruthi
shalini11
Participant

Post by shalini11 »

Thanks for the reply.

The output for Change Capture is containing some records but those records are not being written to Sequential file. When I used Dataset, records were populated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was there any warning logged about export failing? Do you have a reject link on your Sequential File stage?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shamail
Participant

Post by shamail »

Check the log of the job and see if the records are being dropped or not while writing into sequential file. This can happen when you don't provide a null handling property for a nullable field populated into a sequential file.
shalini11
Participant

Post by shalini11 »

Thanks,

You are right. The records were dropped because there was no null handling being done. I used a transformer in between Change Capture stage and sequential file and handled null. Then it worked.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark this thread as Resolved using the green button at the top.