Special Charecters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's special about them? Can you find out what the underlying codes for them are, perhaps by inspecting your source with a hex editor of some kind? Do you have NLS enabled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's special about them? Can you find out what the underlying codes for them are, perhaps by inspecting your source with a hex editor of some kind?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
devanars
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devanars »

I need to get an advise from you guys and figure out what are all the codes have to use for them. Appreciate your help

Thanks
v2kmadhav
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by v2kmadhav »

HI

what is your NLS characterset??

1. is your source coming from a file or a database
2. if file, how is it created. how does it look on unix? if database when queried how does it look outside datastage?
3. if your source is a database and if you think its datastage thats changing it...are u using a native stage or a ODBC stage?

cheers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

devanars wrote:I need to get an advise from you guys and figure out what are all the codes have to use for them. Appreciate your help

Thanks
Then why won't you answer our diagnostic questions?