Unlocking a job in Release 8.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prashanto_dev
Participant

Unlocking a job in Release 8.0

Post by prashanto_dev »

How to unlock a job in Datastage V8. Our metadata resository is in DB2 Database.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Easiest way to do it for version 8 is to delete the entry (locked job) from the table XMETALOCKINFO.
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

lstsaur wrote:Easiest way to do it for version 8 is to delete the entry (locked job) from the table XMETALOCKINFO.
I would think the proper way to do it is to log in to Information Server (you can use the web portal if you want or the console), go to Session Management and then Active Sessions then you can disconnect the sessions that you need to, which will unlock the job.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

MarkB,
Tried that before, disconnected the active session from the sessions management, but the job still locked.
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

lstsaur wrote:MarkB,
Tried that before, disconnected the active session from the sessions management, but the job still locked.
I've not experienced that as of yet. The few times we had to unlock a job, we did it as I described. After a few minutes we'd go back into DataStage and had no problem with the job being locked any more.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Marking this one as "resolved". I just had the same issue - job was locked in XMETA, but not in UniVerse. We tried everything including the normal procedures:

1) Disconnecting the session using the web console (none to disconnect)
2) Clearing job status in Director
3) Restarting DataStage

Nothing cleared it because the lock was only in the XMETA Oracle database. I made sure the user that had the job locked was not logged into any client, then did the following (substituting the user's real login id for "userlogin"):

SQL> DELETE FROM XMETALOCKINFO WHERE LOCKED_BY_USER = 'userlogin';

1 row deleted.

SQL> COMMIT;

*** PLEASE NOTE *** This is an internal table and IBM really doesn't want you doing this! If you mess with this table and accidentally delete something you shouldn't you will cause a lot of problems for yourself and others! This should be a "last resort" solution! You do this at your own risk!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020