Partitioning Details

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikir
Participant

Partitioning Details

Post by saikir »

Hi All,

I would like to know whether there is any Universe table in PX that stores the partition details stage wise?

Regards,
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no separate table.

Design-time partitioning is stored as a set of properties of the stage (that is, of the particular job object), in DS_JOBOBJECTS. Run-time partitioning is stored in the RT_CONFIGnnn table for job number nnn.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot. I can't read most of the content as i am not a premium member. Can you please make the content visible?

Regards,
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes I can, but I won't.

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c (Rs12) per day, and is one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are met.

I do not propose to set any precedent that might undermine the ongoing viability of DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

EtlStats has been modified to gather row counts at this level. It really ups the rows stored per ETL run. Lets say you have 200 jobs with average 20 stages and you run with an 8 way config. That is 200*20*8 rows in ETL_ROW_HIST per run. We have 40,000 rows per day in one or more projects.

By the way I have not posted the new EtlStats. I posted how to make the change so you can do it yourself if you want.
Mamu Kim