Installation of Mainframe jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishore2456
Participant

Installation of Mainframe jobs

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi,

I have installed PX on my server and didnt install, mainframe jobs at that time. Now is it possible to install with out uninstalling the server?
FD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may be sufficient simply to license the mainframe (EE MVS) component. Typically everything is installed, but is disabled unless licensed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kishore2456
Participant

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi Ray,

While giving licence details, I didnt add my MVS license details to the installation. Now Can i install MVS for the same without uninstalling?
FD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should be able to. Go to the Licensing screen in the Administrator client.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kishore2456
Participant

Post by kishore2456 »

Ray,

I think it will come when we want to go for license changing say from evaluation to licnesed package. But here what i'm saying is i havent installed MVS edition, But i installed other editions such as server and Enterprise editions. Now How do i get MVS edition installed?
FD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's exactly the same installation process; you just add the mainframe (MVS edition) licence code when requested.
kishore2456
Participant

Post by kishore2456 »

Ok. Then does it overwrite my earlier installations or just add MVS edition to the my existing version? Do i need to take back up of any files before i start installing ? Does the file dsenv get affected with this?
FD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It won't overwrite anything that's not on the installation media (for example jobs). It will "upgrade in place". Always take a backup before upgrading any software.