No DataStage credentials were found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

No DataStage credentials were found

Post by SURA »

Hi

I installed the Datastage 8.0 in windows 2003 server. Installation went smoothly. But when i tried to open the Designer in windows 2003 server i am getting the below error.
"No DataStage credentials were found on the Domain for the user ('xxx') and Datastage server ('yyyyyyy').

I am getting the same error to (Administrator, Director). But i can able to connect Information server.

It will be very helpful if any one helped me in this.

Thanks in advance
Ram
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What did you find when you searched for "No DataStage credentials were found" in the forums here?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you set up any DataStage credentials in Information Server?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: No DataStage credentials were found

Post by SURA »

Thanks to Craig Hulett and Ray

Need to login into ibm information server to resolve this issue. I followed as you said and it is working fine.

Thanks
Ram
SURA wrote:Hi

I installed the Datastage 8.0 in windows 2003 server. Installation went smoothly. But when i tried to open the Designer in windows 2003 server i am getting the below error.
"No DataStage credentials were found on the Domain for the user ('xxx') and Datastage server ('yyyyyyy').

I am getting the same error to (Administrator, Director). But i can able to connect Information server.

It will be very helpful if any one helped me in this.

Thanks in advance
Ram
satheesh.mohandass
Participant

Post by satheesh.mohandass »

hi SURA, i am getting the same error No DataStage credentials were found on the Domain for the user 'aaaa' and Datastage server 'bbbbb'

can you please let me know what you did to resolve the issue??
Dmitriy
Participant

Post by Dmitriy »

Hi!

Having the same issue with
"No DataStage Credentials were found on the Domain for user xxx and DataStage server yyy"

The story is -

i had an installation of DataStage which was not able to run WAS6.0.
With some pain, in WAS6.0 console i noticed that if i use local OS credentials instead Custom User Regisrty in Global Security - WAS6.0 can start and Information Server Console also can start.
But in this case i am getting this error while trying to connect through Designer Client.

My only purpose is to be able to export jobs and sequences, thats all. If there any option to do that taking into account that now i am able to connect to Information Server with Local OS credentials?

Any help is much appreciated..[/i]
asharma
Participant

Same Issue

Post by asharma »

I'm also getting same error. We did new installation of InforSphere8.1.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
Dmitriy wrote:Hi!

Having the same issue with
"No DataStage Credentials were found on the Domain for user xxx and DataStage server yyy"

The story is -

i had an installation of DataStage which was not able to run WAS6.0.
With some pain, in WAS6.0 console i noticed that if i use local OS credentials instead Custom User Regisrty in Global Security - WAS6.0 can start and Information Server Console also can start.
But in this case i am getting this error while trying to connect through Designer Client.

My only purpose is to be able to export jobs and sequences, thats all. If there any option to do that taking into account that now i am able to connect to Information Server with Local OS credentials?

Any help is much appreciated..[/i]
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

First step - have you configured the user from WAS and assigned an OS level user ?

Second step - from the DataStage Client PC, can you ping to the DataStage server ?