Can I change a parameter in a value set at runtime?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can I change a parameter in a value set at runtime?

Post by ag_ram »

Hi
As we know we can create value set in the datastage and we can pass value set as one of the parameter in dsjob command from shell script.
Is it possible to change the value of one of the parameters of a value set in shell script?

**Note - Subject modified to be more descriptive - Content Editor **
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not sure what you're asking here. Is the question about a "values file" read by a Parameter Set?

If so, when do you want to make the change? Can you give an example?

There is one absolute. Once a job is running, values of that job's parameter can not legally be changed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod wrote:Not sure what you're asking here. Is the question about a "values file" read by a Parameter Set?

If so, when do you want to make the change? Can you give an example?

There is one absolute. Once a job is running, values of that job's parameter can not legally be changed.
Yes. It is regarding the values file read by parameter set. I want to make changes before we kick off the job from script so that datastage job can run with the new values what we have set from script.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's fine, so long as you edit the values file (including saving changes and closing the file) before you kick off the DataStage job whose parameter set reads the values file.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod wrote:That's fine, so long as you edit the values file (including saving changes and closing the file) before you kick off the DataStage job whose parameter set reads the values file.
I am talking about the value set which was created in datastage designer. Can we change the value of value set at script level before kicking of the job? If yes, How?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So am I. Creating the Parameter Set causes an eponymous directory to be created in the project directory, and if you create values files these are stored in that directory as ordinary text files. Therefore you can edit them.

I will be presenting a DSXchange Learning Center webinar on Parameter Sets on Friday, February 20th. You will receive an invitation.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Thank you very much. Information is really helpful. I appreciate it.