SCD stage state file,reading error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Puli
Participant

SCD stage state file,reading error

Post by Puli »

Hi,
while using SCD stage I had given flat file option to generate surrogate keys.flat file is created using SKG stage in another job with a single value of key in it.Error is SCD stage is not able to read the flat file given.Keys are supposed to generate using nextsurrogatekey function.
Error is

Unable to read state file /home/dsadm/dsinputfiles/Skey: Invalid argument

Thank you
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did you invoke NextSurrogateKey() function?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

I used that function in the derivation part of Surrogate Key column in the Dimension Update link.
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

Hi All,

Also i want to know whether using the SCD stage in DS8, is it possible to capture 'delayed dimension' input records also...? Delayed dimension input record means, a record having effective date in between the effective and expiration dates of an invalidated(or expired) record, in an SCD type2 implemented dimension table.

Thanks in advance
Puli
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

The SCD stage does your basic type 1 and type 2 dimension processing. For your delayed dimension records (special handling), you'll have to supplement the SCD stage with some additional design of your own choosing.

Mike