How can I set DSUserStatus in a PX job?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rstemphowski
Premium Member
Premium Member

How can I set DSUserStatus in a PX job?

Post by rstemphowski »

How can I set the DSUserStatus in a PX job then reference it in a sequence 'Nested Condition' stage?
Robert Stemphowski
Senior DataStage Consultant
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How can I set DSUserStatus in a PX job?

Post by JRodriguez »

rstemphowski

You should set the User Status inside the job ( Is the same for server and parallel jobs).

You can interrogate the value of the User Status in any point - downstream - in the sequence after the job activity that call the job

Each time the job is execute the User Status value will be refreshed
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How can I set DSUserStatus in a PX job?

Post by JRodriguez »

rstemphowski

You should set the User Status inside the job ( Is the same for server and parallel jobs).

You can interrogate the value of the User Status in any point - downstream - in the sequence after the job activity that call the job

Each time the job is execute the User Status value will be refreshed
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Can you expand on how it is the same for server and parallel jobs? Can it be set in a parallel job without using a BASIC routine and the BASIC transformer stage? Is there a C API call to set the UserStatus property for a job?

Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There does not appear to be a C-callable function (or a C++ class) equivalent to DSSetUserStatus().

Before-job and after-job subroutines for parallel jobs are still written in DataStage BASIC, so you have the opportuity there to call DSSetUserStatus() directly. If, as I suspect you do, you wish to capture some value from the data flow, you need to store that somewhere (a file perhaps) and access the value from the file, either in an after-job subroutine or in an Execute Command actvity.

A recent DSXchange Learning Center webinar on files and DataStag job sequences dealt, in part, with reading files using job sequence techniques. DSXchange portal is the place to find webinars. If it's not there, contact editor@dsxchange.com to see how you can get a copy.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.