Project Migration from DS 7.5.1a to DS 8.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Project Migration from DS 7.5.1a to DS 8.0

Post by Xpert »

Hi all,

Could anyone help me whether the project which is created in DS 7.5.1a version can be moved to DS 8.0 Version.

Thanks in Advance.
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What exactly do you mean by "moved"? Certainly the two usual methods work OK - they are export/import and update in place.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

Ray,

Moved means export from one environment and import into the new environment but here the codes in different version.

Is this possible to export/import the code from lower to higher version? If so, could you please tell me how we can achieve.
With regards,
Xpert
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

You can definitely use the export command (in Manager in 7.5.1) to export jobs, routines and custom transformations. These can then be Imported into 8.1 and recompiled (highly recommended you recompile).

There are numerous other things that might impact you (are you also changing O/S from Windows to Unix or vice versa) including patches that may be required, compiler versions / options that must be correct, etc.

You don't give enough information to be any more informative. I don't really understand what you mean when you say "the codes in different version" - could you please restate what you are trying to get across?
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Xpert wrote:Is this possible to export/import the code from lower to higher version? If so, could you please tell me how we can achieve.
Export.
Import.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

The Operating System we use is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)" is same for both the versions.
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good, it's a supported operating system. But our previous answers are unchanged.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

ray.wurlod wrote:Good, it's a supported operating system. But our previous answers are unchanged.
Its very much useful and informative. Thanks experts... :)
With regards,
Xpert