oracle view data error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr.murthy
Participant

oracle view data error

Post by dr.murthy »

hi all,
when i view the data from oracle coi stage i got a error message some thing like,i used an user defiened sql query.

The open files limit is 100; raising to 65536.
**VIEWDATA ROW LIMITER HIT**

any suggestions
D.N .MURTHY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your user-defined SQL is generating a large number of messages.

Try it independently of DataStage, for example using sqlplus. What happens then?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
swarnkar
Participant

Post by swarnkar »

Hi Ray,

I am just curious about "Open File limit" in the message.

Is it pertaining to "ulimit" parameter on Unix box or MFILE/TFILE at Datastage environment ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, I think that's just a default table of file handles within the code. The message is informational only.

It's definitely not related to T30FILE (which is only about dynamic hashed files) and it's almost certainly not related to MFILE (which is for the server engine rather than the parallel engine). And I doubt that any UNIX system has ulimit set to only 100.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.