Failure in Lookups using Lookup File Set and Data Set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Failure in Lookups using Lookup File Set and Data Set

Post by PilotBaha »

I have this simple text file that i converted both to LookupFileStage and DataSet so that i can use them as reference in Lookup stage.

In both cases i am having hard time getting them to work with similar reasons. (I think)

When I generate the lookup file set and dataset I make sure that the field is clicked as 'Key'. Despite this I am getting this error.

Code: Select all

Lookup_14,0: Failed a key lookup for record 1 Key Values: SCACCode:   
The next record I see is this ..

Lookup_14,1: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
Lookup_14,1: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally() did not return APT_StatusOk
These are the messages I got when I used DataSet stage to look up the values. When I use LookupFileStage I get similar problems.

Lookup_14,1: Failed a key lookup for record 1 Key Values: SCACCode:     
Lookup_14,0: Failed a key lookup for record 1 Key Values: SCACCode:  
Lookup_14,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How have you set the "Lookup Failed" rule in your Lookup stage? By default this is set to abort the job as soon as the first lookup failure occurs. Change the rule to Continue (or to Output if the Lookup stage is to have a reject-handling output link).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.