Problem in Shared Container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS4DRIVER
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem in Shared Container

Post by DS4DRIVER »

Hi,
I am reposting this message since i did not get any responses.
I am facing 2 problems.
1. I have created few Parallel Shared Containers. In Parallel Stages that are used in these Shared Containers, the Configuration file property is empty and, next to it i see the message - Warning: No configuration file set.

But the jobs that use these Shared Containers compiles and runs succcessfully without any issues in Development (Not sure if this would be a problem in Production).

What could be the reason that is making the Configuration file property empty, and, is there a way to fix it?

2. Also, in earlier versions, there is an Option Button to 'Add Environment Variables' in Container Properties window of Shared Container (both Server and PX, similar to what we see in the Job Properties window). But, in version 8.0 that we are using, i do not see this option button in Container Properties window of Shared Container . The Option Buttons available are 'View Parameter Set' and 'Add Parameter Set'.

Is this normal or, is something wrong in the GUI, or is this a bug in 8.0?

Thanks.
anand_dafaria
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anand_dafaria »

Hi,
The problem which you reported has solved or is it still pending?? We are also facing the same issue. Just dont know how to get it corrected.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Shared containers expect their parameters (which can only be of type String or Encrypted) to be passed from the job that contains them. Therefore the default value is empty in the Shared Container - you need to pass the value of $APT_CONFIG_FILE from the parent job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anand_dafaria
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anand_dafaria »

hi Ray,
Actually with this particular problem , I just wanted to highlight that the Configuration file option which is coming in the Advanced Tab properties. The "configuration file" drop down menu option and "Node map constraint" both are greyed out. I cheked in the administrator that APT_CONFIG_FILE is set, but couldn't figure out how to activate those options which are greyed out.

We have a CFF stage which we need to run sequentially while reading the data. But once the data is read we want to execute the remaining stages in parallel. So for remaining stages we wanted to give four node option to perform, but with thise options greyed out we are left with no choice but to run the stages sequentially.

I think it makes some sense.

Anand