Jobs do not appear in the DS Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

First thought that comes to mind: Does your dsx file contain both source and executables? Or just executables?

Mike
Katie09
Participant

Post by Katie09 »

Exactly..

It seems that for the given job for which you can execute, exported the executable and not the job design.

If you are saying the you can access other jobs in designer which indicates that there is no issue of permissions or something like that..

1. Check the location of the job both in designer and director..
2. Check whther u renamed the job while exporting or importing..
3. Check the what files ( executable / job designs ) are exported and imported..

sometimes it seems very basic things, however missing one of them can cause this kind of issues..

hope this helps !
SoaresRui12
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SoaresRui12 »

Yes, that was my first conclusion, thet we had only imported the executable.

But no, i go to the DS Director, select one of the jobs that had been imported and did the "Run Desginer" in DS Director, that open the job in DS Designer (where i can see it).
I changed the job, compile it, but i still can see it in DS Designer.
with best regards

Rui Miguel Soares
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

So you are unable to find the job in the repository tree... it may have imported to a folder/category that you haven't expected.

Try the "Open quick find" link and search for the job in question.

Mike
SoaresRui12
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SoaresRui12 »

More interesting is that I did the test to create a new job in the same folder, where is the other jobs that I had imported.

In DS Designer I can see in the folder the new job, only this new job, but in the DS Director as duplicated the folder, with the same name.
In the first folder are the jobs that had been imported and in the second folder (which has the same name of the first folder) are the job that I created.

What I must do ? deleted the folder and is conted ? and imported all jobs again ?
with best regards

Rui Miguel Soares
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Sounds like the indexes for your local repository have gotten corrupted.

Search here for information regarding the REINDEX command.

Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only cause I can imagine for the "XPTO " folder name (with space character) is between the keyboard and the chair.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.