Reading the parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sagar deshmukh
Participant

Reading the parameter

Post by sagar deshmukh »

I have seen a sequencer...where we are passing the parameters through shell script....to the sequencer....i mean shell script will rerad the parameters from a parameter file and will be given to the job....
In sequencer again we have a Routine stage....where the routine will read the parameters and pass to the further jobs.....
is theer any need of doing this??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Someone must have thought so, but without details one cannot comment on the 'correctness' of the approach. Typically, all required parameters would be defined in the Sequence job itself so it could pass them along as needed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Katie09
Participant

Post by Katie09 »

If you are using sequence, sequence itself accpets the parameters...so all the parameters which are required to all the jobs can be defined at sequence level..

u can call your sequence with all those parameters using your script and then these parameters will be used in undelying jobs..

hope this helps..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, not least to assist those whose first language is not English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.