not able to view data from a sequentail file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

not able to view data from a sequentail file

Post by smoffa »

I am trying to view data from a sequential file stage in a parallel file. I get the following error:

##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00037 13:55:17(007) <main_program> Failed to open performance file False/performance.5460;

I know the file exists because I used the 'browse for file' option.

Can anyone help?
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Make sure the format you specified in sequential file stage is same as actual file, example the format , delimeter etc.
hi sam here
smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smoffa »

Yes, the format matches exactly.

We are new to parallel jobs, so I'm not sure if there is any setup work that we need to do.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You have this problem / error with viewing all sequential files or just this one particular file?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smoffa »

Seems to be all files. I've tried about 4 different txt files. One was just a 2 column, 2 row comma delimited file.

I get the same error each time.

I might add that after I get the error I previously mentioned, I get a data browser box informing me that "There is more output available for the exectuion of the server command. Would you like to view it?"

If I enter Y, the following text is displayed:

##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00037 16:07:37(011) <main_program> Failed to open performance file False/performance.5164;
make sure that the specified path is valid.

AsI said in my first post, I don't think it's a file path issue since I browsed for the file.
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Did you run the job and see? Did it fail with the same message?
Kandy

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try putting the file somewhere else. "False" may be a reserved word.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smoffa »

Ray, "False" is part of the error message. It is not the file name.

Just for fun, I changed the job. All it does is read from a sequential file and write to another sequential file.

The job reads the source and writes the target fine -- no errors or warnings. However, I get the previously stated error when trying to view the source or target sequential file from DS.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

That's probably your problem then. False is not part of the error message. False is the location of the file that it can't find. How exactly is your file name specified in the stage?

Mike
smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smoffa »

G:\dev\sdw\Temp\one.txt

I used the browse option to enter this.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You 'changed the job' how? From what design to what design?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smoffa »

The job ftp's a file. It originally had a sequential stage linked to a sftp stage. The file property used parameters to build the path. I was not able to view the data of the source seq stage.

For debugging purposes I made a copy of the job, I removed all parameters and used the browse option to load the location of the source seq file. I also changed the target sftp stage to another seq file stage to emiminate it as a possible issue. So, now the new job is simply a seq file source writing to a seq file target.

I ran the new job without warnings or errors. I'm able to view both the source and target files with a text editor. However, I cannot view the source or target files using the DS View Data options.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

So performance.5164 isn't the name of your file? Or that was the name of the file before you changed the design?

Mike
smoffa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smoffa »

No, it's not the name of my file.

My file name is:

and my error message is:

##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00037 14:26:46(011) <main_program> Failed to open performance file False/performance.5144;

The only thing that changes in the error message is the timestamp (14:26:46) and the number (5144) at the end of the message.
lfong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lfong »

smoffa wrote:No, it's not the name of my file.

My file name is:

and my error message is:

##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00037 14:26:46(011) <main_program> Failed to open performance file False/performance.5144;

The only thing that changes in the error message is the timestamp (14:26:46) and the number (5144) at the end of the message.
Was the file created on UNIX or Windows? There are parameters that have to be set for DOS CR/LF, etc. if it was created in Windows.