Reporting Assistant...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dwh.com
Participant

Reporting Assistant...

Post by dwh.com »

Frens,
say i have some around 500 jobs which is running in various job seuencers,with help of reporting assistant i tried to update the database which includes everythting like job name ,transforms designs etc...

but my problem is i cant find the job sequencers alone updated in that reporting database..if i can able to find that i can easily identify what jobs runing in which job sequencers and which job belongs to which category...

Please share with me if anyone knows abt it...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Reporting Assistant was deprecated at version 5.2, and does not handle job sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dwh.com
Participant

Post by dwh.com »

ray.wurlod wrote:Reporting Assistant was deprecated at version 5.2, and does not handle job sequences. ...
Thanks ,
i can easily identify the sequence of jobs run in job cotrol..as it is considered as job and it has been updated in reporting database...even i can easily identify the dependencies of the jobs..

is there anyother way to find which job sequencer is running which jobs from which category??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can get the job names from the job sequence's log, and the category of each from DS_JOBS table.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dwh.com
Participant

Post by dwh.com »

dwh.com wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:Reporting Assistant was deprecated at version 5.2, and does not handle job sequences. ...
Thanks ,
i can easily identify the sequence of jobs run in job cotrol..as it is considered as job and it has been updated in reporting database...even i can easily identify the dependencies of the jobs..

is there anyother way to find which job sequencer is running which jobs from which category??
Fren,
this will have manual intervention to see all the logs to know what job is present in those logs from job categoreis and have chances to miss to sum jobs..will datastage provides any other way to get list of all jobs sequencers to provide jobs as report from the manager like how it povides for normal jobs...
so that updation of jobs can be perfect rather doing it manually...

if we dont have that option in DS,has to be followed like how u said..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please use a more professional standard of written English.

What you claim is not true; there are functions in the DataStage API for obtaining information from a job log, so that the whole process could be implemented in a Routine. You can also manage the whole process in a shell script using dsjob commands.